This is what lunch looks like today….
Hey, it’s a Sunday and it’s still the love month, so there’s no need to ask why I’m eating heart-shaped things…
Besides, it’s not like I’m eating a ton of heart-shaped red velvet whoopie pies…..
These are potatoes..
Potatoes that are lovingly carved with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and roasted to perfection…
.. and sprinkled with some Spanish Paprika for a spicy kick..
peanutbutter♥ would have loved this meal…
I’m absolutely sure he would swoon…
I just wish he’s here and I could cook for him and we could share a meal…
I sound a bit lovesick, aren’t I?
That’s because I am. I miss cooking for my dear husband who eats everything I make…
These potatoes are a perfect love-month side dish for chicken, beef or pork. I paired it with roasted chicken…
The Roasted Chicken was marinated in olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary and oregano and roasted until brown and skin is crispy.
The beans was sautéed in minced garlic and butter for a couple of minutes and then splashed with a teaspoon of liquid seasoning. I love this method of cooking because it gets all the flavor while the beans get to retain its crunch.
- 5 large potatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried/ fresh rosemary
- Spanish Paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a pot, pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and slice them. Using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many hearts as you can.
- You can include the scraps in cooking or you can also reserve them for some other dish.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and let cool slightly
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt, spanish paprika and rosemary. Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan slightly and spread marinated potatoes onto the baking pan.
- Roast them for 20 minutes or until they are golden on the outside at 250º turning as needed using a silicone spatula.