Rain all throughout the day for almost a week had made going to the supermarket or the palengke almost impossible. Some roads are flooded. Who would think of going out in this weather?
This morning wasn’t any different. It was still raining quite hard. So I thought I’d just make something from the ingredients available in the kitchen and the fridge.
I thought about making pancakes with an apple-cinnamon topping but changed my mind after a few minutes, thinking I don’t want something sweet. So I made this pasta dish instead….
As you all know, we are big fans of Aglio Olio pastas because it’s healthy, easy to do and you can customize the ingredients depending on what you have available. It just so happen that I have some local sun-dried tomato and anchovy-stuffed olives around.
This disappeared quickly even without the sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Thank God Mr. Sun peeked from the clouds a while later. It was such a relief seeing some brightness and a few rays of sunshine even for a few minutes by noon and around 4pm.
- 500g spaghetti, cooked according to package direction
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small can of anchovy fillets in olive oil
- ½ cup sundried tomato, whole or chopped
- ½ cup olives
- parmesan cheese
- In a non-stick panpas, sauté anchovy fillets in ¼ cup olive oil + the oil in came in in the can. Let oil be infused with the flavor of anchovies.
- Transfer this in a bowl and wash the pan.
- Sauté chopped garlic in the remaining ¼ cup olive oil until it gets infused with the flavor of garlic.
- Add cooked spaghetti to this pan and mix well until each pasta is coated with oil.
- Pour in anchovy-infused olive oil and mix well.
- Turn heat to low and add sun-dried tomato and olives.
- Continue mixing, until sun-dried tomato and olives are heated through. Around 3 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese
2,496 total views, 4 views today