The best thing about the Lemonade-slash-Barbecue party we had for NYE? Since most of the food are grilled, you can also make one easy grilled side dish to go with all the grilled meats and everything would be perfect. I’ve been dreaming of these delicious Mexican Grilled Corn ever since I saw one somewhere.
I mean, who wouldn’t? It’s the same smoky grilled corn you love ….. with all the works! There’s Cilantro Butter, Feta Cheese (Cotija Cheese is preferred but I forgot we had Cotija Cheese in the fridge from Real California Cheese..heehee..silly me),Grated Parmesan Cheese, Cayenne Pepper, and more chopped Cilantro leaves!
Guess who was in charge of the grill last saturday? Yup, it’s peanutbutter♥. I was just there for the photo..hahaha. I’m almost 14 weeks! I’m sure you can see that baby bump right in there. I’m having a very easy pregnancy, thank God. My only complain is that I’m always– ALWAYS! — sleeeepppy. I sleep everywhere, anytime of the day. I sleep after breakfast, after lunch, in the car, in the living room, and of course, in the bedroom.
I also love love love to eat rice all the time even though it makes me bloated and sleepy.. Waaaahhh, I just couldn’t help it. I know my doctor would want me to take reins on my eating habits as soon as I go for a check up this month. Hmmmnn.. we’ll see.
- 8 ears of corn on the cob
- 1 cup Cilantro Butter (recipe here)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese or cotija cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Remove the husks of the corn but leave the core attached at the end so you have something to hold on to.
- Grill the corn on a hot grill until slightly charred.
- Turn every so often so it gets cooked evenly all over.
- When cooked take off the grill and while still warm slather with cilantro butter.
- Shower with crumbled Feta cheese or Cotija cheese and grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and serve as a sidedish or by itself..