Sink your teeth into these soft, creamy bites with a chocolate center that is Graham Balls and I’m sure you’ll never have enough!
Just before the school year ends and Ykaie goes into her vacation mode, she had been really crazy about Graham Balls.
It’s an easy recipe that’s made of crushed grahams and condensed milk that’s turned into a munchkin like ball. You can see these being sold everywhere these days.
It’s sold in front of her school at ₱5 a piece and here in our neighborhood at ₱3 a piece. And she buys it whenever she has a chance.
I told her it was very easy to make and that she could make some if she wanted. She told me she does and ask me if we can make some one of these days.
Last friday, after registering for McDonald’s Kiddie Crew, we bought the ingredients for her Graham Balls. She was very excited to make it and was smiling the whole time on our way home.
Come Saturday morning, Ykaie woke up early — so excited to make her Graham Balls! I helped her mix her crushed grahams with condensed milk and found some blue sprinkles she can use.
She worked really hard into shaping it into a ball and dusting it with graham powder and blue sprinkles. (and having some taste tests on the side) Okay.. I helped a little…
She was very proud of the finished product and kept it in the fridge to chill. When her daddy arrived at lunch time, she told him that she made our dessert for the day.
peanutbutter♥ didn’t know about Graham Balls until last saturday even though it’s being sold everywhere. He thought it was really good and raved about Ykaie’s Graham Balls. Ykaie was beaming!
Now, she wants to bake Red Velvet Muffin as our next recipe project.
- 3 cups crushed graham (+ 2 tbsp for dusting)
- 1 cup condensed milk (+ a little bit more if needed)
- chocolate candies or marshmallows for filling
- mini-marshmallows, sprinkles, or colored sugar for garnish
- Combine crushed grahams and condensed milk. Blend well. Make sure it's not too wet nor too dry.
- Add a bit more crushed grahams if it's wet and a bit more condensed milk if its too dry.
- Graham condensed milk mixture must have the texture and consistency of a well-kneaded clay.
- Shape mixture into one inch balls and put a piece of chocolate candy or marshmallow inside.
- Roll the balls in crushed garhams, sprinkles, mini- marshmallows or colored sugar to finish.
- Chill before serving.