When I was invited to be a part of the Dole Chef Mom Program, I didn’t think twice and immediately accepted the invitation. I love Dole products! Now that I have my own family and I’m in charge of the groceries, it’s something that you would see in my kitchen specially the Pineapple Chunks and Pineapple Tidbits. Ykaie loves munching on cold Dole Pineapple Tidbits…
Dole Chef Mom Program
The Dole Chef Mom Program was developed and launched to encourage mothers to prepare home-cooked meals for their family and break the cycle of eating out and ordering in.
Dole believes that proper home-cooked meals are always better and healthier, also because Mom made it! And of equal importance they also want to create a fun and creative process in the kitchen. The Chef Mom program encourages to have fun and be fearless in experimenting.
The #DoleChefMom program resonated with me because of my love for cooking and my belief that homecooking is indeed far better than ordering in. Aside from having control over the ingredients, making sure that what you serve your family is clean and healthy, you can also say that it is filled with love.
I also believe it inspires the young ones to cook and help in the kitchen.
Three weeks ago, fellow Dole Chef Moms and I were invited by Dole for an afternoon of #funcooking session at The Cookery Place. It was my first time there and the place was designed daintily with flowers, laces, mini-fences, and picnic baskets! The color motif was blues, yellows, and orange. I felt like I was instantly transported into a small garden and it felt like having a picnic with friends even though I just met some of these fellow mamas for the first time.
Chef Rosebud Benitez welcomed us that day and shared with us how she felt about cooking and of course her knowledge in cooking. She believes that cooking and preparing meals should be fun, easy, and even cost-efficient.
I love meals that are easy to prepare and healthy, specially now that I’m pregnant. I prefer meals that wouldn’t keep me long in the kitchen (because it’s too hot!)and something that my family would enjoy.
Here I am with my fellow Dole Chef Moms, cooking our hearts out..
The first recipe that Chef Rosebud taught us was the Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Tacos.
I love tacos but it was my first time to use pork tenderloin strips, I usually go for ground pork or pulled pork.
This is a no-sweat recipe and results in a really tasty dish!
Tada! After cooking, we all sat down and enjoyed this tacos. As I crunch my way into each, I’ve imagined how much my family would enjoy this. I know this would make it as one of our regular merienda menu.
- 250g pork tenderloin sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Dole pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or wansuy
- hard shell tacos
- grated cheese
- lemon wedge for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté onion, tomato and pineapple until onion becomes translucent and pineapple caramelizes.
- Season your pork tenderloin strips with a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika and cumin.
- Heat the leftover 1 tbsp olive oil in another pan and sauté the pork tenderloin until cooked.
- Toss the pineapple-onion-tomato mixture and pork tenderloin together.
- Fill your taco shells with the tenderloin and pineapple mixture. Top with grated cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with lemon wedge on the side.
The second dish that Chef Rosebud taught us was Grilled Chicken Breast with Fruit Salsa.
They already prepared the fruit salsa for us, so it would be easier to make.
Here I am smiling while cooking…something you won’t see me doing at home..LOL!
Between the two dishes, this is my favorite! I love salads and fruit salsas. This is so flavorful and light. I actually finished my plate.
- 2 pcs boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- mixed greens (lettuce, arugula, etc)
- 1 cup Dole Pineapple tidbits, drained (pineapple juice saved and used in vinaigrette later)
- ½ cup diced ripe mango
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs calamansi juice
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup pineapple juice from Dole Pineapple Tidbits
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and paprika and fry in heated oil until cooked. Set aside.
- To make the fruit salsa, combine Dole Pineapple tidbits, mango, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, sugar, and calamansi. Mix well.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine minced garlic, olive oil, and pineapple juice in a bowl, Mix well until emulsified.
- Arrange everything in a plate including the mixed greens and carrots..then drizzle with vinaigrette.
Thank you so much Dole Philippines for such a fun afternoon with these lovely Dole Chef Moms! I had such a great time. I am more inspired now to create healthy meals for my family. I am also inspired to smile while cooking…
And because Dole wanted to inspire more moms like me to be adventurous in the kitchen…..
Dole Philippines has teamed up with The Peach Kitchen to bring you a Dole-licious giveaway! We will be giving away four (4) gift baskets to four (4) very lucky The Peach Kitchen readers!
The Dole Gift Basket contains the following:
- 1 can (822g) Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 can (822g) Pineapple Chunks
- 1 pack (1 kg) Tomato Sauce
- 1 pack (1kg) Sweet Style Butter & Cream Spaghetti Sauce (my favorite!)
- 2 cans (240ml) Pineapple Juice
- 2 cans (822g) Tropical Fruit Cocktail
- 1 Pot Holder
- 1 Microfiber Kitchen Towel
Joining is very easy, just follow the rafflecopter below…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Just a few more reminders:
- This contest is open to all readers with a METRO MANILA address where they can deliver the prize. All prizes will be delivered by Dole Philippines
- Please follow and complete all the requirements on Rafflecopter.
- There will be four (4) winners of one (1) gift basket each
- This giveaway will start today from May 11 , 2015 until May 25, 2015
- I will announce the winner on May 26, 2015.
- The winner will be notified through the e-mail provided.
Good Luck and Thanks for joining!
UPDATE: The winner of this giveaway are:
- Vicenta Rada
- Mitch Cortez Carvalho
- Nicquee Oblepias
- Nelina Gatong
Congratulations and Thank you for joining! I’ll send you an e-mail on how you can claim your prize.