This Cookie Butter Granola is a healthier way to enjoy our favorite Lotus Biscoff, same addictive caramelly taste but with more health benefits…
Cookie Butter is addicting. I’ve more than my fair share of times when I would want to eat it a whole jar of it with a spoon. I would want it for dessert, snack, or whenever I am craving. It is super perfect with coffee because it has this caramelly flavor that is so unique and makes whatever you’re pairing it with a lot more delicious.
We don’t ever leave the supermarket without Lotus Biscoff Cookie too for my peanutbutter♥. That’s what he prefers to pair with his afternoon cup of joe.
So when Lotus Biscoff sent over boxes of Lotus Biscoff Cookies, two jars of Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter, and a cookbook, he was ecstatic! It looks like they sent us a year’s supply and he would never run out of cookie to pair with his coffee.
I was very excited too. I browsed through the cookbook right after I saw it. It inspired me to create my own Lotus Biscoff recipe. I want a recipe that’s healthier. Something that would give the same addicting caramelly flavor but also full of health benefits.
And so I made this Cookie Butter Granola.
We love snacking on granola — we love it as movie night chow, as breakfast cereal, topped on yogurt bowl — Oh, the possibility is endless! Ykaie and Twinkle is crazy about it too!!
I think I hit the jackpot with this recipe.
Here’s a bit of trivia about Lotus Biscoff…
- Lotus Biscoff is one of the exclusively distributed brands in the Philippines by Fly Ace Corporation and is available in all leading supermarkets nationwide.
- Lotus Biscoff was made because of one person’s desire to launch onto the market a caramelized biscuit that contained nothing but natural ingredient.
- In 1932, Lotus Biscoff was developed at Lotus in Lembeke during their search for a unique flavor.
So you see, Lotus Biscoff has been around for a good number of years and loved by many for so long. Try it with your coffee and fall in love at first bite.
Hope you are having a great start of the week.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup cookie butter
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ teaspoons molasses
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine the oats and walnuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine cookie butter, butter, egg whites, brown sugar, molasses and cinnamon. Whisk until it forms into one brown mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and nuts, and toss to coat.
- On a lined baking sheet, spread your granola mixture in an even layer.
- Leave an open space in the center of the pan and then press down with a spatula to compact it.
- Bake in the oevn for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking pan from the oven. Stir, press to compact, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet before breaking and transferring into a dry container.