There are days when I still feel like I am cooking for nobody. And I can’t seem to shake that feeling off. It was a little bit surprising to discover my Ykaie’s love for pesto. I already knew she loved oil-based sauces for pasta but I didn’t think she would love a strong basil flavor.It is a good thing, though. I had to make one for her.She easily finished two small servings for lunch yesterday.
I couldn’t find any pine nuts so I used almonds, instead.
- 30-50 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tbsp almonds
- 3-4 tbsp parmesan cheese,grated
- salt to taste
- Historically, pesto is made by crushing the leaves with mortar and pestle but of course, I used a food processor to combine and blend all the ingredients. Just put everything inside the food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you are going to make Spaghetti Al Pesto, cook spaghetti according to package direction and just mix in 3-4 tbsp of pesto to a plate of spaghetti. Sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese on top and serve.
an entry for .
5,596 total views, 13 views today