When I’m craving for something nice and warm, soup comes to mind. Now, a hearty vegetable soup is not only healthy, it somehow comforts you like a warm blanket in December.
I made this vegetable soup with ingredients available in the fridge and the cupboard.I’m not fond of measuring ingredients,most of the time I eyeball them and I go by the taste.
1 Garlic, minced
1 small Onion, chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil
1- 2 Carrots, diced
1 Potato, diced
100 g Beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 Chicken broth cubes
3-4 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a small pot.Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add water and half of the tomato sauce and let it simmer.
- Add potatoes and carrots.When it’s cooked add beans.
- Add salt and pepper and the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Let it simmer for a minute then add a pinch of dried Basil.
- Serve with toast…