We ususally have pork barbecue when there is a celebration and yesterday was our computer shop’s First Anniversary. Yay! (Happy Anniversary to Ykaie’s Internet Café!). We had a little blow-out and treated the customers for an afternoon snack of Spaghetti and Pork Barbecue plus all the grape juice they can drink. How good is that?
This is my mom’s recipe that we acquired through years of cooking and eating. This is actually the reason why I don’t have any measurement for the ingredients. And now I’m given the pleasure of sharing it to you.
Pork, sliced and cut into squares
calamansi juice (optional)
2 tbsp banana ketchup
- Marinate pork in the mixture of Soy Sauce, sugar, minced garlic and a little salt.
- Let it stand for at least a day in the refrigerator.
- Use barbecue sticks to skewer the pork.
- Mix leftover marinade with 2 tbsp banana ketchup.This will be used for basting.
- Grill pork on live charcoal.
- Baste pork with marinade-ketchup mixture while grilling.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of vinegar with chopped onion.
This is my entry for today’s
Have a great weekend.