This is also one of my favorite dishes. Maybe because I love pork blood specially the barbecued one.(I’ll be posting that soon). You can easily buy salted fresh pig’s blood at the local wet market for around P8 per cup every morning.
Pork Dinuguan or Pork Blood Stew is a savory stew of pork blood and meat with a thick and spicy gravy. It is also known as “Chocolate Meat” because it is dark in color.
We add beef to our dinuguan whenever we cook it to make the dish more flavorful and tasty.Make sure you choose beef with fat in them.
500g pork,cut into bite size pieces
250g beef, cut into bite size pieces
100g pork pancreas
5 cups of pork blood, the coagulated blood,cut into bite size pieces
4 pieces chili peppers
4 cups water
1 cups white vinegar
1 medium onion,chopped
3 cloves of garlic,minced
2 tbsp cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves (optional)
- In a pot, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil until onions become transluscent.
- Add meat and water. Boil until meat becomes tender.
- Add chili peppers,bay leaves and pig’s blood and simmer for a few minutes. add salt and pepper to taste.
- While it’s boiling, add the vinegar and let it boil for a minute before stirring to cook the vinegar.
- Serve with steamed rice with a sprinkle of rock salt on top.