Pinatisang Manok is a classic Filipino dish that is cooked much like Tinola (click for the recipe).
The only difference is that Pinatisang manok doesn’t have sliced Papayas but it’s still soup-y. This is a different take on the classic Pinatisang Manok. This one is cooked much like Adobo.
The main ingredient in this dish is, of course, the patis or fish sauce. Usually, fish sauce is just dipping sauce or a condiment but this time patis is the star! Thai fish sauce is very flavorful and best for this dish but you can use any regular fish sauce.
- 1 small white onion,chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger,sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 7 tbsp fish sauce
- ¾ kilo chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- ¼ cup pork lard
- Combine everything except pork lard in a bowl.Marinate the chicken for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry chicken pieces in pork oil until they’re brown on both sides.
- Pour marinade and simmer until its reduced and chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice. You can serve diced tomato as a side dish,too.