Embotido, also called pork roll, is Filipino Meatloaf usually served during holidays, special occasions and get-togethers.Some people prefer to serve it cold like cold cuts and some stuff it with hard-boiled egg and sausage.
Since this is a popular dish, it has been commercialized and made available in groceries and supermarkets but nothing beats homemade of course.This embutido is our family recipe.Various recipes include pickle relish on them but ours don’t.
250g red hotdogs (or spam)
1 green bell pepper
100g powdered skimmed milk
½ cup raisins
salt and pepper
♥you’ll also need: Steamer and Aluminum Foil
- The first five ingredients should be ground together to produce tasty embotido. The hotdog should be fried before grinding.
- Combine ground pork mixture with eggs, raisins, skimmed milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and spread mixture in aluminum foil. Shape them into log-shape and roll them in the foil to wrap it up.
- Place in a steamer and steam for an hour.
- Let it cool into room temperature before placing in the refridgerator to chill.
- Slice and fry until both sides are golden brown.(around 2 minutes for each side)
- Serve with ketchup or sweet chili sauce as dipping sauces