Crispy Binagoongan / Pork in Shrimp Paste
- 500g pork neck, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1½ cup sweet shrimp paste [bagoong alamang]
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Fry pork neck pieces in heated canola oil until it’s golden brown.Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in 1 tsp oil. Add shrimp paste and simmer for a few seconds
- Mix in the fried pork neck until each piece is coated with shrimp paste.You can add more shrimp paste, depending on your taste.
- Serve with steamed rice and fried eggplant as a side dish. I also use banana as a side dish to this delectable dish.