Pancit LugLug is made of thick rice noodles smothered with a thick shrimp sauce and topped with pork, shrimp, hard-boiled egg, smoked fish [tinapa] flakes, pork cracklings, and pechay [bokchoy].
750g rice noodles
¼ kg ground fatty pork
1 tbsp. Annato seeds (achuete)
1 cup shrimp juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup smoked fish flakes [tinapa]
¼ kg shrimps, shelled and steamed
1 cup finely crushed chicharon (fried or sun-dried pork rinds)
7 cloves garlic, chopped and fried
2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
2 hard boiled egg,sliced
¼ kg bok choy, cut into bite size pieces
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Soak noodles and bok choy in boiling water for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Fry some garlic until golden brown and set aside.
- Soak the annato seeds in a pan with oil while fire is set to simmer fire. Strain the oil to remove annato seeds.
- Sauté garlic in heated oil and add ground pork and stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add oil and shrimp juice.Simmer for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper
- In a plate, put the noodles, pour sauce over it, then sprinkle crushed pork rinds, shrimps, fried garlic. smoked fish flakes and green onions.
- Arrange sliced eggs on top and calamansi on the side of the presentation dish.
- Toss the pancit mixture and sprinkle with calamansi juice to taste. Serve hot.