Egg in a nest is basically egg fried in a hole in the middle of a sliced bread. But this breakfast treat is also known as Egg in a hole, egg in a basket, toad in a hole, moon egg and one-eyed jack.
This is very easy to make and would make for a nice breakfast. You can also make your egg in a nest more special by adding chopped bacon and grated cheese on top.
1 sliced bread
1 tbsp butter
pinch of salt & pepper
- Using a small cookie cutter or the mouth of a glass. Cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan.
- As soon as butter is melted, place bread in the pan and grill for a few seconds.Flip it and grill the other side.
- Break egg in the center of the bread, season with salt and pepper and let it cook.
- You can flip the bread over if you want or you can just wait until the egg is done, it depends on how you want your eggs cooked.
- Pan grill the round piece of bread you got from the hole and serve it with your egg in a nest.
an entry for .