Who wouldn’t want to wake up to this? Black coffee, scrambled eggs and beef tapa with grilled tomato on the side. I’m sure your mornings, just like mine, would be perfect.
Tapa is dried or cured beef or venison. [Although, I have yet to try venison]. This is thinly sliced meat cured with sugar,salt and spices to preserve it. It is often served with fried egg, garlic rice and pickled papaya.
Today, there are lots of available marinades in the grocery. You just have to add water and its done, of course nothing beats traditional marinades.
I marinated the beef two days ago and kept it in the freezer. This is one of those recipes you can prepare when you have time and then keep in the freezer for days when you are too busy to cook something.Just pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw for a while. Fry it in a few minutes and you’ll have a good homecooked meal in no time. The longer you keep it in the freezer, the tastier it would become.
Beef Tapa Recipe
750g beef sirloin, sliced and cut into strips
4 tbsp sugar
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
oil for frying
♥ for the grilled tomato:
1 tomato, halved
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Make sure marinade reaches all beef strips.
- If your going to cook it the same day, let it sit for at least two hours in the refrigerator before frying.
- Heat oil in a pan.Cook beef until it’s done.
- Rub some salt on the halved tomato and grill it in a pan.
- Best served with garlic rice.