You know that one day, at that very moment you open your eyes in the morning, you can tell its going to be a sad day for you? That it’s not going to be your day? Well, This is it for me.
I woke up this morning terribly missing peanutbutter♥ that I wanted to cry. I don’t know why. Maybe because this is the time of the month when my hormones are wacked.OR.. maybe because this is the time of the month when I pay my bills,hee. Whatever the reason is, I know I had to get it out of my system.
By mid-morning, came the real sad news. We found out that my mom’s bff, a person close and dear to our whole family, has passed away early this morning. This brought me to tears…she’s almost a relative to us. I had to find a way to take some, if not all, of the sadness away.Cooking is really a great stress-reliever. It never fails to relax and calm my nerves.
I found this recipe from Chef Fresco. I tweaked it a little to suit my taste. Believe me, this is very comforting, specially if you eat it with lots of rice with the drippings mixed in.
Orange and Ginger Pork Chops
- 3 pieces porkchops
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- zest of half an orange
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine brown sugar, orange juice, ginger and salt. Mix well.
- Arrange pork chops in a baking pan and pour the ginger-orange mixture.
- Make sure that both sides are coated with the ginger-orange mixture.
- Roast in the oven at 250°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn pork chops every 10 minutes.
- Roast until golden brown and serve with steamed rice.
- You can use the drippings as sauce and pour over the pork chops before serving.