Oatmeal has once again become my breakfast obsession lately. Not just oatmeal, mind you, these no-cook, easy-to do, milk-soaked, overnight oats. I’m loving the texture, the temperature, and how the flavors mingle with each other.
I’ve been eating it with blueberries and bananas, apple, peaches, and now with sweet, sweet mangoes! I am trying so hard to keep myself from filling up this blog with different flavors of overnight oats!
Oh, if only I could eat oatmeal for the whole day without getting tired of it.
It’s really kind of difficult to try and eat healthy all the time in real life. Just this morning, I had a my fruit bowl (diced apple, plain yogurt, chia, and a bit of honey)… but for lunch, I had fatty Pork Sisig and rice! I think my body’s adjusting with the food I’m eating though. I’m managing a bit of portion control these past few weeks. I’m also managing to avoid sugar and lots of carbs. Eating that Pork Sisig and more than a cup of rice got me a headache! I don’t think I want this kind of headache anytime soon…
This brings me to my plan on following the 80/20 rule. It means that if I eat healthy 80% of the time then I can indulge 20% of the time.
Can I ask what kind of diet are you following these days?
Mango Overnight Oats
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup diced mango for soaking overnight
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup diced mango for toppings
- Combine all the ingredients(except toppings) together in a jar or other covered dish.
- Mix well, Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least several hours.
- In the morning, when you’re ready to eat, take oats out of the fridge, add the toppings and enjoy!