Steamed Tatampal (Mantis Shrimp)
- 1 Kilo of Fresh Tatampal (Mantis Shrimp)
- Half Cup of Water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 3 tbsp vinegar+ 1 tbsp fish sauce + chopped bird’s eye chili
- Or 3 tbsp melted butter + 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- Wash Tatampal with water to clean it.
- Put all of it in a pot along with the water and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the skin changes color from gray to reddish brown.
- Turn off heat and drain.
- Make the vinegar dipping sauce by mixing vinegar, fish sauce and bird’s eye chili.
- Make the butter sauce by mixing melted butter and calamansi juice
- Serve with hot steamed rice