Thinking of a delicious way to celebrate the American Independence Day? Celebrate it with Vikings’4th of July feast!
Last tuesday, I was among the first few who got to try these delectable dishes — where else but at Vikings SM North EDSA, the branch we frequent most! I cannot count how many times my family and I celebrated birthdays and other special occasions in this branch but it was my first time to dine inside their elegant function room.
The function room was designed in black and white, with chandeliers, and this fabulous peacock painting. Unlike my Vikings Megamall experience, this was a plated event. Nevertheless, it was more than satisfying because of the variety of dishes that were served. I was amazed with some of the reinvention and the presentation of all the dishes.
I was impressed with the new american maki selection. The Maguro Haru Maki, Japanese spring roll, is what I liked best among the three. Each bites sends the contrasting flavors of tuna and mango plus the crunchy texture of the deep fried wrapper in your mouth.
The Niagara Falls Maki is the one covered in noodles. I guess they named it as such because the noodles resemble the fall’s running water when it’s on your plate. It is filled with salmon, mango and avocado and then covered in black caviar. Yes, it tastes as heavenly as it sounds.
Meanwhile the Maryland Maki is filled with crabstick, asparagus, and chicken tepanyaki. That pinkish sauce you see drizzled on it is strawberry and mango pureé sauce. There’s a lot of flavor going on in this piece but trust me, it all work together.
I think I like the Tortilla Club Sandwich better than it’s classic counterpart because there’s less bread and more filling..LOL! This wrap sandwich is filled with turkey and sweet ham plus cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pickles and black olives.
It is nice to eat when paired with this light Chicago Summer Corn Salad.
I’m sure you already know that I’m a soup person. Well, this Boston Clam Chowder Soup just became #1 in my soup list. This is the best Clam Chowder I’ve tried and it’s actually my number one fave among all the dishes that was served.
They served three main courses (gasp!) and the first one was this California Grilled Fish on top of Aglio Olio with Roasted Bell Pepper. the grilled fish was Gindara that’s a little sweet because it was marinated in orange marmalade. The Aglio Olio was perfectly cooked and well seasoned.
Since the first main course was fish, they served us this Lemon Sorbet to cleanse our palate. You can be sure it’s made with fresh lemon because it makes you pucker up in each spoonful.
The second main course was this colorful dish composed of Jambalaya Louisiana, Indiana’s Pork Loin with Cranberry Sauce or Ginger Lime Glaze, and Mississipi’s Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. The Jambalaya is made up of 11 flavorful spices which you can taste in each bite. The spices can be balanced if you pair it up with the sweet and tender pork loin. The turkey shepherd’s pie turned out surprising because it tasted sweet. Later did I realize that it is made of sweet potato.
The third main course is made up of Corn on a Cob,Yorkshire Pudding, and Tenderloin with Red Wine Sauce and Horseradish Sauce topped with Onion Haye. All the meats at Vikings are cooked medium rare but if you’re like me who wants their meat medium well, then you can just simply request for it. Once you sink your teeth onto the meat, you’ll immediately notice the flavor of thyme, followed by the horseradish sauce that was drizzled over it.
Meet the chefs who prepared and presented all these sumptuous dishes….
This comes as a rule of thumb: always, always save room for dessert! They served us three wonderful dessert to cap off our American meal. The Boston Cream Pie and the Cashew Cherry Parfait was both divine but my favorite is the New York Cheesecake. I guess I’ll always be a cheesecake person.
These special dishes are not gonna be available on the menu everyday. If you want to try them, make sure you dine at Vikings over the weeekends. These are gonna be served on all weekends of July starting on Saturday (July 5th).
New Vikings Birthday Promo!
Oh, and I have another good news for you. Vikings has a new birthday promo! You can now eat for free on the WHOLE month of your birthday provided you’re with four (4) full paying adults.
Check out the exact mechanics below:
1) Birthday celebrant of all ages can avail the birthday promo on the day itself and on their birthday
2) Celebrants can eat for free ON THE DAY of their birthday on both lunch and dinner, as long as accompanied by ONE FULL PAYING ADULT.
3) Celebrants can eat for free for ONE MONTH on both lunch and dinner per day, as long as it is within the month of his/her birthday and accompanied by FOUR FULL PAYING ADULT.
4) One full paying adult are adult guests who will be paying full rate without any discounts.
5) Requirements for Celebrants: Celebrant must bring an ORIGINAL and VALID government issued picture I.D. with the birthdate imprinted on it, both local and foreign I.D.s are accepted, for proof (such as S.S.S., N.B.I., Driver’s License, Pag-Ibig, P.R.C., Barangay, Unified, Police Clearance I.D. and Passport) In the case that the celebrant doesn’t have a government issued picture I.D., he/she may bring his/her birth certificate supported by any picture I.D. (school I.D., parent’s I.D., company I.D.).
6) This promo can’t be used in conjunction with our current promotions or discounts.
7) Gift certificates to avail this promo is not honored.
8) This promo is available across all branches.
9) This promo is available until December 31, 2014.
For more information on other promotions and our current rates, please visit http://vikings.ph/