Homemade Apple Sauce for Twinkle
- Wash, peel and core the apple.
- Chop into chunks and set aside.
- In a small pot, bring water into a boil.
- Reduce heat until bubbles are soft. Cook apple chunks until tender around 10 minutes.It’s important to minimize cooking time to help preserve vitamins and minerals.
- When apples are tender, drain and rinse with cold water for three minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Cool applesauce and refrigerate leftovers in BPA-free containers for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.