Quaker Oats Cream Pie
- 3 cups (240g) Quaker Rolled Oats*
- 1 and 1/4 cups (2.5 sticks; 290g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon dark molasses (use honey as substitute)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (187g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks; 175g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups (360g) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons (45ml) heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone
- baking mat. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and
- sugars together on medium-high speed until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in
- the egg, vanilla, and molasses, scraping down the sides as needed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and oats.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients. The
- dough will be quite thick and you may have to mix it all by hand after a few seconds in
- the mixer. Drop dough with a large cookie scoop, or make sure each ball of dough is 2
- Tablespoons. Cookies will spread in the oven, so drop each ball of dough 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Allow cookies
- to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat butter on
- high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat on
- medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat on high for
- -3 minutes until fluffy. Taste and add a pinch or two of salt, as needed. If filling is way
- too thick, add a couple more teaspoons of heavy cream.
- Spread 1.5 Tablespoons of cream filling on the bottom side of half of the cookies; top
- with remaining cookies, right side up.