You know what they say about spicy foods *wink*….. It generates sexual passion. For one because it makes the heart beat faster. What do you think? You think it’s true?
Well, whether it’s true or not…one thing is for sure. Good Bicol Express makes me eat more rice. It makes everybody eat more rice.
The usual Bicol Express doesn’t have carrots, I just added some to give the dish more color.
- 500g pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 200g Finger Chillies, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 carrots (optional)
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes transluscent.
- Add in pork pieces and fry until a little brown.
- Pour coconut milk. Simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add finger chillies [and carrots] and simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Add coconut cream and shrimp paste.Stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice.