Ever since I learned how to make my own granola, I started lovin’♥ it more and so did peanutbutter♥.We still have around three cups of rolled oats sitting in a jar in the kitchen. Rather than see these poor oats go to waste, I decided to make it into this yummy snack.
I have made Granola before and used it to top my yogurts, ate it like popcorn on movie nights and gave it as snack to the then one-year-old Ykaie.
You can use a combination of nuts and seeds and dried fruits. Before, I used Pili nuts, Almonds and Sunflower Seeds. For the dried fruits, I used dried Apricots. You can also use pecans, walnuts and dried cranberries. Use whatever tickles your fancy.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup dried mangoes (chopped)
- Mix rolled oats and nuts in a bowl.
- Whisk honey and oil in another bowl until it becomes one thick syrup.
- Pour the honey and oil mixture into the oats and nuts mixture and mix well.
- Place mixture onto a foil-lined cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Cook in 180°C – 190°C oven for about 30 minutes stirring the mixture every 8-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done,place the cooked mixture in a separate cookie sheet to cool then add the dried fruits.
- Toss well and put in a dry container.