If you are watching The Biggest Loser, you must know about the “Temptation Challenge” where in the players are tempted with delicious high-calorie food in exchange of power.
Well, today, I got my second temptation from sis. She asked me to go grocery shopping and dinner is on her. Grocery shopping on my sister’s language means going to the mall. Today’s temptation is, I get to choose the restaurant. In our biggest loser challenge, which should’ve ended last month but was extended until the 30th, my bob and jillian is also the person tempting me….Oh lucky, lucky me….
Anyways, about the soup.I adapted this from Sharlene Tan’s recipe. It is made with vegetables but there’s bacon and cream in it, giving it a kind of smoky creamy flavor…..tempted already? Then here’s the recipe..
1 zucchini, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 strips bacon, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
salt and pepper
all-purpose cream for garnish
- Sauté onions in heated oil until translucent.Add bacon.
- When bacon turns golden brown, add zucchini and carrots and cook until soft.
- Pour in cream of chicken soup and water. Stir and let boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup into blender or food processor and purée until creamy.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of cream on top.
Aren’t these bowls of soup tempting?