Congratulate me. I feel energetic and I don’t feel sleepy…. not at all. Today was a no rice day for me. Lunch was this delicious hot bowl of Prawn Laksa and dinner was bread and Buffalo Wings. I tried a new hot sauce and a new recipe for Buffalo Wings and it works! Only peanutbutter♥ was already hungry and I didn’t have time to take a photo so I’m saving that for another day.
Somebody has been craving for Laksa for more than a week now…..
You might think it was me because I’m the one who’s pregnant but you’re wrong! peanutbutter♥‘s the one who’s craving. He even ordered a bowl of it last thursday at Rumah Saté at Ketchup Community in Baguio. I guess he wasn’t satisfied. It had to be cooked at home. So while I was busy being a judge at the 1st Navotas Food Festival Search for Navoteño Chef 2015 (whew! that was long) this morning, he went ahead and bought the ingredients for this Prawn Laksa — well, except for the Laksa paste ’cause we already have that at home.
He did all the cooking….well, except for the tofu, which he said takes so long to fry. Yeah, tofu and peanutbutter♥ never gets along and their problem dates waaaayy back..heehee. Tofu and I get along just fine so I did the frying and the plating, of course!
What a creamy, spicy, and flavorsome lunch! Judging from the smile on peanutbutter♥‘s face and the sweat on his forehead, I’d say he was satisfied with two big bowls of Prawn Laksa!
- 1 60g packet Laksa Paste (I used Asian Home Gourmet)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 250g Prawns, cleaned, peeled, and deveined but save the heads for the soup.
- 1 chicken cube + 6 cups water or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups thick coconut milk
- 2 pcs lemongrass, cleaned, peeled and chopped into 3s
- 150g cups egg noodles, blanched
- 100g bean sprouts
- cilantro leaves, chopped
- Slice tofu, fry in oil until golden brown then set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sauté prawns and prawn head for a few seconds then add lemongrass.
- Pour in water or chicken stock then add the chicken cube and the Laksa paste.
- Bring to a boil then pour in coconut milk.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- To serve, put 1/3 of your egg noodles in a bowl. Fill with Laksa soup and top with prawns, fried tofu, bean sprouts, and chopped cilantro leaves.