I am on a health kick. W-ell…sort of. If it has tuna, it’s healthy right? And I used lite mayo..so it must be healthy. But the way this tastes, oh its so delicious, you’d think the gods made it and dropped it from heaven.
Seriously, I think I need to add more fish and veggies into my diet. I’ve been munching on mostly sweets these past few weeks and it’s really scaring the hell out of me. Like right now, I’m really craving cake.Chocolate cake with ooey gooey caramel filling. It’s a good thing the store where I buy my cake is located an hour away.
Sis made a sandwich of what’s left of the Tuna Salad and finished it all up. I have to make some more of these Tuna Cups.
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves,washed and dried
- ¾ cup tuna flakes in oil or water
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup apple, chopped
- ½ cup light mayo
- salt and pepper
- Combine tuna, celery, apple and mayo. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to chill
- After two hours, remove from fridge.
- Make cups/boats out of the lettuce leaves
- Place around a tablespoon of the tuna salad mix into each lettuce cup.
- Serve immediately