This soup is one of our favorite side dishes and this is also delicious with a little Misua noodles mixed in it. But since we are on a diet we removed the noodles and ate it as a full meal by itself. No worries, this is very filling because of the tofu.
You can’t say no to a healthy and delicious meal.
Oh, and BTW, you know the Honey Mustard Pringles on the last post? I only ate one chip from the canister. Honest.
I wanted to finish that whole thing because it was so delicious but I left it all to ykaie.Print
Shrimp and Tofu Soup
- 2tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 250g shrimp, washed
- 3 tbsp hibe/dried shrimp
- 2 cup tofu, diced
- ½ cup chopped chinese parsley [kinchay]
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- or 5 cups water and 2 chicken boullion
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and tomato in heated oil until onions and tomatoes are wilted.
- Add the hibe/ dried shrimps.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Add shrimp and simmer until shrimps are cooked.
- Add celery and chinese parsley.
- Give it a little stir and turn off heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.