A word to the wise: if you have a big family or some kids are coming over. One bottle of cookie mix is NOT -I repeat, NOT!!- enough for everyone.
The cookies I made from the mix The Cookie Jar sent me was gone in an instant and I had to bake another batch from scratch. I’m surprised it even made its way into this photo. I was worried that all I’ll have to show for my baking were crumbs…….and my hips..now that’s really something I should be worried about..LOLz..
These past few weeks, you know I’m really trying to avoid cooking anything. I’m rarely posting any recipes. Know why? If I cook something, I’m definitely gonna eat it… and I’m trying to lose a few pounds.
peanutbutter♥ will be home in a month and he’s kinda made me promised to cook a few dishes for him. The kind of dishes that you would only eat once a year like deep fried ruffle fat. He also wants beef tapa and pork barbecue… dishes that would make you eat a pail of rice.LOLz.
Okay, so I’m not made for dieting…Let’s eat some cookies!
This cookie has chocolate……….it has rolled oats………. you can put chopped nuts or raisins….and it can sing to you at night..hee, just kidding, the cookie doesn’t sing…
It is chewy and delicious. Eat it warm or at room temp. Pair it with milk or coffee. Your call.
- 2½ cups uncooked rolled oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- Beat eggs and softened butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Add vanilla extract
- Pour in rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add chocolate chips. You can also add chopped nuts if you want your cookies chunkier.
- Bake at 175°C for 10-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Allow to cool before putting them in packs or your favorite cookie jar.