I made this Pine Chicken Holiday a few days before Christmas. It’s a stuffed chicken recipe from the Life Gets Better website and such a festive dish too. I tweaked it a little by halving some of the ingredients and using wheat bread.
I served it for lunch and they loved it. I personally liked the stuffing and I couldn’t stop eating it.
Click here for the original version: Pine Chicken Holiday.Print
Pine Chicken Holiday
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper, black
- 1 1/4 kg chicken, whole
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- reserved pineapple syrup
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 5 wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 1 (200g) pouche DEL MONTE Pineapple Tidbits, drained, reserve syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine ingredients for marinade. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator, making sure some of the marinade go inside the cavity. Drain, reserve marinade.
- Filling: Sauté onion and celery in butter. Add bread, stir to toast slightly. Combine with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff chicken with filling. Place directly on roasting rack of turbo broiler. Broil at 375°F for 1 hour or until cooked, turning chicken after 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve drippings for gravy.
- Gravy: Combine cornstarch, reserved marinade and drippings. Simmer while stirring until just thickened. Serve with chicken.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!