Breakfast Waffles. That’s all I could think about all day. I think about wanting waffles, savory waffles, sweet waffles…
Waffles eaten on the table. Waffles eaten while your standing beside the kitchen sink and looking out the window. Waffles eaten while watching the morning news. Waffles eaten while sitting on the grass…. yeah, on the grass, like having a picnic but thinking about things. I think warm waffles and nature go together because they make you think about things…
- I finally caught up in watching my favorite series like NCIS L.A. and CSI. I’m lovin’ the Deeks-Kensi loveteam at the moment and I can’t wait for next season. I still have one episode left from Once Upon a Time. It’s driving me crazy! I wish Emma would believe Pinocchio…
- Can we please have 34 hours per day? Or if not, can life please slow down?? I cannot juggle life, the rainy season, and my laundry.
- Nutella-addiction…..Is there a cure???
- This waffle. I want a rewind and eat this all over again….
The waffles and the grass…. it’s just a thing.
Don’t knock it till you try it. Don’t be shy, eat your waffles on the grass…
And, as if you didn’t know.. click down for the recipe….Print
Classic Vanilla Waffles Topped with the Sweetest Diced Mango
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced mangoes
- maple syrup
- Beat the eggs,
- Add the salt, vanilla extract, baking powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the milk and melted butter and mix well.
- Mix in the flour in three batches with a whisk.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker.
- Top with the sweetest diced mangoes you can find and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Eat while sitting in the grass.