Quick, healthy, and tasty… you will love this Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Frittata for breakfast….
It’s all about de-stressing this week. I think I’ve been to a lot of stress lately.
The scare about hypertension and diabetes, thinking about how I can be the healthiest and doing my best all the time… I think that got to me this week. I tried on a new exercise program last Monday: Shaun T’s Insanity. Come Tuesday, my blood pressure went up. My muscles were sore on wednesday and there were times of the day that I was having a hard time breathing. I think I was exhausted both physically and mentally. Count the fact that I wasn’t getting enough sleep too.
It was timely that our internet connection got broken. I think it was God’s way of telling me to rest and not think about anything related online or anything stressful for that matter.
So this week was a breather. I used it to catch up on sleep, rest, relax, do a little bit of a cheat day, have my hair rebonded, get a pedicure and most of all spend some quality time with my family. The week isn’t over yet and I am feeling much better. I still want to get a massage on top of everything, though.
You all know that I have been on a health journey the past three months. (Read: How I lost 40 lbs in 3 Months) and during those three months, my breakfast would always be three egg whites. Most of the time, I just cook my eggs hard boiled, remove the yolk and sprinkle them with salt. But when I’m feeling a bit fancy, I turn them into omelettes and fritatas like this Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Fritata.
This Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Frittata is a great source of protein and iron. And it keeps me full until lunch time.
I eat it as it is but it would be nice with some greens or a multi-grain bread on the side. Yum!
- egg whites from 4 large eggs
- around 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 - 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray or 1 tsp olive oil
- hot sauce for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven toaster to broil.
- Spray your iron skillet with cooking spray or heat olive oil.
- While heating, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in greased skillet until brown. Add fresh spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour in beaten egg whites and let it cook through until edges turn opaque.
- Remove from the stove and transfer to the oven toaster until puffy and the top is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and drizzle with hot sauce before serving.
- Enjoy with greens or a multi-grain bread on the side
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!