Ykaie wasn’t the only one who had a nice Valentine’s breakfast the other day. Since I’m still battling this pesky colds, I decided to shock it again with lots of Vitamin C and fruits. So I made myself a smoothie with a piece of frozen banana and some strawberries I keep in the freezer for when I’m craving for a smoothie.
With the way we’re eating strawberries at home these days, you’d think we have a Strawberry Farm in our backyard. Of course we don’t. We don’t even have a backyard. But then, like what I’ve said in my previous post: Strawberries are in season and they are cheaper than usual. I buy strawberries every other day to take advantage of it’s affordability and availability.
Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C which boosts immunity, so as much as possible I make sure we have Strawberries in the fridge for some quick snacking.
Other health benefits of Strawberries include:
- It’s rich in cancer-preventing anti-oxidants
- It helps burn stored fat.
- It boosts short term memory.
- It lowers cardiovascular disease.
- It promotes bone health.
- It has anti- aging properties.
- It promotes eye health.
- Strawberries fight bad cholesterol
- It regulates blood pressure
- It’s high in fiber
Since I made this on Valentine’s Day, I made sure to write a Valentine’s Day greeting on my bananas for a romantic feel. I’d love to have someone play me something romantic with a cremona sv-75pp premier novice at WWBW out in the balcony too..ehem, but there was no one but me and Ykaie.
You can totally make this smoothie anytime of the year as long as you have bananas and strawberries. This is so easy to do, you don’t even need a recipe to be able to make it.
But I’m OC so I do. Please just indulge me. I’m keeping a recipe here just to keep my mind at peace.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Put everything in your blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- You may add extra ingredients like honey to suit your taste.
- Garnish with some banana slices and strawberry slices.