Creamy Mussels and Fries
- 1Kg Mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup light cream or 2/3 cup all purpose cream + 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
For the fries
- you can use ready made fries from the grocery or 3 pieces potatoes, clean and cut
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot and sauté garlic and onions until onion become translucent.
- Add cream and curry powder. Stir and bring to a boil.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add milk to thin it out.
- Add mussels and cook/simmer for 5 minutes or until mussels open.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry potatoes/frozen fries until golden brown
- season with salt
- Serve with San Miguel Premium All Malt Beer