- You can use ready-made burger patties or you can make one
Homemade Burger Patty
- 500g ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke (Optional)
- Canola Oil for frying
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 –4 cups of water
- 1 cups button mushrooms, sliced (I used canned mushroom)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed Rice
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onions, and liquid smoke in a bowl. Mix well and form into burger patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and fry the patties until cooked. Place in a plate and set aside.
- Drain oil from the pan and put the butter in low heat. Add garlic and fry until a bit brown on the edges. Add knorr cubes and dissolve.
- Add the flour, mix well until it forms a roux.
- Pour in water and whisk until free of lumps. Then Add the mushroom. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add more water if sauce is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the patties back in the pan with the sauce. I like to cook it a little bit with the sauce for tastier burger patties.
- Serve on top of steamed rice and garnish with chopped parsley.