This Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy is simple, hearty, and delicious…
This Burger Steak is delicious…… but it’s the last time I’m gonna eat it… at least for the next few months.
I’m swearing off nuts, beans, mushroom, red meats, spinach, tuna, tuyo, anchovies, sardines, liver, kidneys, soy milk, tofu, shrimp, lobster, scallops, oatmeal, sweets, and alcohol. I’m feeling the symptoms leading to gout — pain in the joints. It’s usually the toes that are affected but for me it’s my hands. And I can’t take cook and take photos if my hands are in pain…
I didn’t think mushroom would trigger joint pains. We’ve been having all kind of recipes with mushroom like this Mushroom Cream Pasta.
So before all of my joint gets painful and swollen, I’m taking action…. I’m NOT gonna eat food high in purine to prevent gout.
As for my health journey… it’s been sloooooowwww…
Health Journey Update
Start Date: January 9, 2016
Current Date: April 4, 2016
- Starting Weight: 185 lbs
- Current Weight: 175 lbs
- Total Weight Lost: 10 lbs
- Goal Weight: 130 lbs
I think I lose 2lbs per month. I need to lose at least 2 lbs per week. I think one of the reason I’m having these problems about my joints in because I’m overweight..huhuhuhu.
Burger Steak is one of the easiest meals you can prepare if you’re busy. For one, you can have the ingredients on stock in your fridge and pantry. Second is if you’re super duper busy, you can use ready-made burger patties and just prepare the sauce.
BTW, I’ll be taking a break in cooking because we’ll be going out of town next week. You can follow my food adventures through Instagram (@thepeachkitchen), Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat (thepeachkitchen).
Let’s be friends!Print
- You can use ready-made burger patties or you can make one
Homemade Burger Patty
- 500g ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke (Optional)
- Canola Oil for frying
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 –4 cups of water
- 1 cups button mushrooms, sliced (I used canned mushroom)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed Rice
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onions, and liquid smoke in a bowl. Mix well and form into burger patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and fry the patties until cooked. Place in a plate and set aside.
- Drain oil from the pan and put the butter in low heat. Add garlic and fry until a bit brown on the edges. Add knorr cubes and dissolve.
- Add the flour, mix well until it forms a roux.
- Pour in water and whisk until free of lumps. Then Add the mushroom. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add more water if sauce is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the patties back in the pan with the sauce. I like to cook it a little bit with the sauce for tastier burger patties.
- Serve on top of steamed rice and garnish with chopped parsley.