Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry Quinoa Bowl
- you can use your favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce OR
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-inch know of ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 + 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 500g Sirloin, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the sauce: Combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, salt, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil in a small sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil while stirring. Sauce will thicken. Turn off heat and set aside the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in your pan, Add the bell peppers and broccoli. Give it a quick stir for 30 seconds. Add 1 tbsp water and simmer until water has evaporated. Remove vegetables from pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp canola oil, add the sirloin strips and fry until a bit brown.
- Add the bell peppers and broccoli back in the pan and pour in the teriyaki sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- To assemble your bowls, put 1 cup quinoa in your favorite bowl, top with one scoop or two of Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry.
- Enjoy freshly cooked.