Rich, fudgy, dark, and full of that bright orange flavor! Oh, you’ll love this Chocolate Orange Walnut Brownies!
Chocolate Orange Walnut Brownies
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice, I used Aussie Oranges
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Grated orange zest for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate buttons (I used Goya)
- 1/3 cup all purpose cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and Line a baking pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, orange juice, vanilla extract, orange extract, and sugar.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients by pouring in flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir together to combine.
- This will come into one sticky brownie batter. Add chopped walnuts and make sure it gets all around the mixture.
- Transfer brownie battter into the baking pan and bake into the oven for 23 minutes or until a ttoothpick inserted comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let it cool completely before making the chocolate ganache.
- To Make The Chocolate Ganache: Put dark chocolate buttons and all purpose cream in a bowl. Microwave in low and mix from time to time until chocolates are melted.
- Spread the ganache on top of brownies evenly and sprinkle with orange zest.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set before cutting into squares.
- Serve with a cup of hot coffee.
Adapted from Kitchen Aid Blog
I think it’ safe to say that we’ve finally thrown away the bug out of our home. We still need some Vitamin boost here and there but I’m happy we’re feeling better now.
Thanks to Aussie Oranges for sending over some bright citrus love, we very much got the immune system boost we needed… and more. Since they sent over a big bag of oranges, I got to make this Chocolate Orange Walnut Brownies.
We all love fudgy brownies at home and this has got to be the fudgiest brownies I’ve made yet. You know, I used to dislike chocolate and orange together. Put anything together with chocolate and I’m sure to love it — raisins, nuts, caramel, mint, — just about anything. It’s just now that I’ve learned to love it. I think I’m gonna see more of these brownies at home…
What do I love about these Aussie Oranges? Well, they’re sweet, juicy, seedless, delicious, untreated, and fungicide-free. They are guaranteed safe to eat, and delicious. Just the kind of fruit to get you through the busiest of your busiest day!
This week we are trying to finish as much errands and household chores as we can. peanutbutter♥ will be back to work on friday and I know there will be some major adjustments at home. This has got to be my busiest week! But I’m not fretting, I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna be finishing this week on a high note and this will be one of my best weeks.
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!