Grilled Tuna Panga
- 1 Large Tuna Panga (Jaw)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- juice from 6 calamansi
- 1 tsp Sugar Blend (Or 2 tsp sugar)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lato Salad
- Steamed Rice
- soy-calamansi dipping sauce
- Combine soy sauce, calamansi, and sugar blend.
- Place fish in a zip lock bag together with the marinade and let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove fish from marinade and pour marinade in a cup, mix it with oil to be basting sauce.
- Prepare a hot grill. Heat should be strong, but not so hot that you can’t hold your hand comfortably over it for 4 – 5 seconds.
- Place tuna panga on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, basting it from time to time with the basting marinade sauce except for the last three minutes of cooking time.
- Serve grilled tuna panga with Lato Salad, soy-calamansi dipping sauce, and steamed rice.