Nicoise Salad with Filippo Berio
- 3/4 cup marble potatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 1/2 cup olives
- 3/4 cup tuna flakes (I used canned tuna in brine)
- 100g french beans
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, cut
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Cut marble potatoes in half and put in a small saucepan until just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly to medium until the water is at a low boil. Cook uncovered until completely tender when pricked with a fork. Then drain thoroughly and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, fill another saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Then add the french beans beans and boil for 2 minutes. It should still have slight crunch when bitten. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Once the green beans are done cooking, immediately add to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- To make the dressing, you can add everything to a mason jar and shake or you can combine everything a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large plate, put the lettuce as the first layer, top it with french beans, cherry tomatoes cut in half, potatoes, sliced hardboiled egg, olives, tuna flakes, and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.