Cheesy Baked Meatballs
- 200g ground beef
- 200g ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Contadina Olive Oil for Frying
- 1 bottle Contadina Napoletana Sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and all purpose flour.
- Mix well until combined using a spoon or a your own clean hands.
- Roll the mixture into golf balls sizes.
- Heat Contadina Olive Oil in an iron skillet and fry meatballs in batches until cooked and brown.Set aside. (If you don’t have an iron skillet, any heatproof dish will do. Or you can also use a frying pan and just transfer it later into an oven-proof dish)
- Remove olive oil from the iron skillet and combine Contadina Napoletana Sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Put the meatballs back into the pan and bake in the oven at 350º for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with grated parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese, put it back for 5 more minutes until cheese melts.
- take it our from the oven and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread or pasta.