Tender, flavorful meatballs baked in rich Contadina sauce topped with melted cheese and served with crusty bread..mmm
Between the Christmas madness, holiday rush, family reunions, christmas parties, birthdays (most of my relatives have December birthdays), and going over my Christmas list, who has time to cook, really? I’m cooking mostly easy to cook dishes the past couple of weeks. Mostly, those that I am familiar with and the family will love. We’re having pasta twice or thrice a week because those are the easiest thing to make — thanks to Contadina for sending over these kitchen helpers!
Today, though, I have something different for you. Something that screams comfort food, right there. I have the cheesiest Cheesy Baked Meatballs that you might wanna add on your Christmas repertoire. These tender, juicy, tasty flavorful meatballs are hugged by the richest tomato sauce! That’s because I used Contadina Napoletana Pasta Sauce in it which is a blend of sweet-chunks of vine-ripened Italian tomatoes and basil.. slow cooked until it becomes a rich and savoury sauce that’ll make any dish heartier.
I served these meatballs with truffle buns from The Breadery but you can serve it with any crusty bread, pasta, or even rice pilaf. It’s a very versatile dish, really.
And because it’s Christmas, I would love for you to try Contadina and make your own holiday dish with it. Yaaaayyyy!! It’s very easy to join and Cotadina is so delicious…
I’ve teamed up with Contadina Philippines to give one lucky The Peach Kitchen reader a chance to try Contadina this holiday season. I am giving away a Contadina Holiday Gift Package!
- Click on the FB share button below this post. On the blank box above the title of the blog post, tag The Peach Kitchen and Contadina Philippines in the post and put what you would cook with Contadina. Tag 3 friends.
- Sample Post: “ThePeachKitchen and Contadina Philippines are giving away a Contadina Holiday Package! This holiday I will cook my signature pasta dish for my Friend1, Friend2, Friend3.”
- Leave a comment with your name + email + the urls of your Facebook posts.
Just a few more reminders:
- This contest is open to all readers with a METRO MANILA address (prize is for pick-up).
- There will only be one (1) winner.
- This giveaway will start from December 18, 2016 until December 23, 2016
- I will announce the winner on December 24, 2016.
- The winner will be notified through the e-mail provided.
UPDATE: The winner of the Contadina Package is Melai Pacer!! CONGRATULATIONS! I’ll send you a message on how you can claim your prize!
♥ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d love to see what you cook!
- 200g ground beef
- 200g ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Contadina Olive Oil for Frying
- 1 bottle Contadina Napoletana Sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves for garnish
- Crusty Bread or Pasta
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and all purpose flour.
- Mix well until combined using a spoon or a your own clean hands.
- Roll the mixture into golf balls sizes.
- Heat Contadina Olive Oil in an iron skillet and fry meatballs in batches until cooked and brown.Set aside. (If you don't have an iron skillet, any heatproof dish will do. Or you can also use a frying pan and just transfer it later into an oven-proof dish)
- Remove olive oil from the iron skillet and combine Contadina Napoletana Sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Put the meatballs back into the pan and bake in the oven at 350º for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with grated parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese, put it back for 5 more minutes until cheese melts.
- take it our from the oven and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread or pasta.