Back To Basics: Aglio Olio with Filippo Berio
- 500g Spaghetti
- 3/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, and minced
- Salt to taste
- dried chili flakes
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta1 minute shy of what’s in the package direction, reserving a cup of pasta water to be used later.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in garlic in a saucepan until the garlic starts to sizzle. Continue cooking the garlic until it starts to brown on the edges and the oil is infused with the flavor of garlic.
- If you want your Aglio Olio to have a little kick, you can add a bit of dried chili flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Make sure you don’t burn the garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and simmer for 1-2 minute to form the sauce. Add Pasta to the pan and toss to coat wit the sauce.
- Continue to simmer until there’s almost no visible liquid left in the bottom of the pan.
- Add Parmesan Cheese, more chili flakes, and chopped parsley.
- Give it a little sauce before serving immediately.