Peri Peri Chicken with Magnolia Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied, I used Magnolia Chicken
Peri – Peri Marinade
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- about 3 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 whole potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Store bought Peri-Peri Sauce or hot sauce
- Make the Peri-Peri Marinade: Put everything in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Marinate chicken with half of the Peri-Peri marinade for 1-2 hours (best if overnight).
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Make the Hasselback Potatoes:Slice into the potatoes but not completely through.Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put your marinated chicken in a baking pan and put the potatoes beside it.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Take them out from the oven and put the rest of the marinade.
- Put the chicken back into the ovena nd roast for 20 minutes more or or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast reaches 165ºF.
- Transfer chicken to a carving board, and let rest 8-10 minutes. Cut chicken into pieces, and serve with pan juices, hasselback potatoes, and peri-peri sauce or hot sauce.