Fish Souvlaki Salad
- 300g Cream Dory, sliced into palm sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For The Salad
- Bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
Garlic Cream Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary,parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Marinate cream dory for 1 hour or overnight (for best flavor) in the fridge.
- To make the Garlic Cream Dressing: Combine sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese,salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside in the fridge until later use.
- Assemble the salad in a large platter, layer the romaine letttuce and arugula leaves, add halved cherry tomatoes, and black olives,
- In a non-stick skillet, pan grill the marinated cream dory for 2-3 minutes each side.
- remove from the skillet and put it on top of your salad.
- Drizzle with Garlic Cream Dressing and garnish with lemon wedges on the side before serving.