Fried Fish with Tamarind Sauce
- 1 large Talakitok Fish (Bigeye Jack or Dusky Jack)
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- green mango, julliened
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup tamarind puree
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- fish sauce to taste (around 1 tsp)
- Make the Tamarind Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan and mix well. Whisk it over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens a little. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Season the fish with salt and pepper.When oil is hot, shallow fry the Talkitok until it’s golden brown on both sides.
- To serve: Put the fried Talakitok on a large plate. Garnish with julienned green mangoes, chopped cilantro, and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with tamarind sauce and serve some extra sauce on the side.
- Enjoy with steaming hot rice.