Low Carb Katsu Curry
- 700ml water
- your favorite curry cubes, I used Kokumaru Curry Roux
- cauli rice for serving
for the tonkatsu
- 500g pork tenderloin, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- coconut oil for frying
- Cook The Curry: Bring water to a boil in a pot. Add the Kokumaru Curry Roux cubes and stir to dissolve. Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Turn off heat and cook the tonkatsu.
- Make the Tonkatsu: Season the pork tenderloin slices with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg and almond four on separate shallow bowls or plate to get ready for dredging.
- Working one pork slice at a time, dip a slice of pork in egg. Allow excess egg to drip, then transfer to the almond flour.
- Cover the entire pork slice with almond flour, making sure that a good layer of almond flour is stuck on both sides. Repeat for the rest of the pork slices.
- Heat oil in a deep frypan to 170-180ºC. Depth of oil should be twice the thickness of the meat you’re frying.
- Fry each breaded pork slice for 5-7 minutes. Frying time would depend on the thickness of your pork. Each should be golden brown when cooked. Remove cooked tonkatsu and transfer on a paper lined plate.
- To Serve: Layer cauli rice on a bottom of a shallow bowl. Put a piece of tonkatsu and scoop a generous amount of curry.