Spaghetti & (Chicken) Meatballs
- 500g Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- grated parmesan cheese
for the Marinara Sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 can diced tomato/ crushed tomato ( I used Doña Elena)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- 1–2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
for the chicken meatballs
- 500g ground chicken
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp dried or fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried or powdered oregano
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp malunggay powder (optional)
- oil for frying
- Make the Chicken Meatballs: In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together by hand except the oil. Form them into 1 1/2 inch balls and set them on a plate.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with about 2 tbsp of olive oil and fry the meatballs in two batches until golden on all sides. Set aside.
- Cook the Marinara Sauce: In a pot, sauté garlic in heated oil until brown.Pour in diced tomato/ crushed tomato. Add water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 seconds over low heat.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt and sugar. Stir and simmer for a few seconds.. and it’s DONE!
- Add the meatballs in the sauce and simmer it for about 3 minutes to become flavorful and it’s ready to serve.
- To serve: Scoop sauce and meatballs on top of Spaghetti on a plate. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy while hot.