Marinated Fried Pork Instestine
- 1 kilo pork intestine (tumbong ng baboy)
- water for boiling
- Tawas (optional)
- cooking oil for frying
pork intestine marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- juice of 10 calamansi
- To clean the pork intestine, put the intestines in a large pot of water. You may put a big know of sliced ginger to help wit the smell. Boil the intestine for 5 minutes. Do this 2-3 times.
- If the smell persists, you may wash it on water with tawas or alum. Rinse and drain.
- Let it cool to room temperature and turn it inside out to make sure the insides are clean as well.
- You may scrape it with a knife to make sure it’s really clean and wash it with water.
- Turn it back inside out and boil it for 1 hour to tenderize it. You may boil it in plain water or water with 1 knob of sliced ginger.
- After boiling, drain and let cool.
- Combine soy sauce and calamansi juice in a large bowl. Marinate the tender pork intestine in the soy-calamansi mixture for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the pork intestine until brown and crisp on the outside. The inside will remain juicy and tender.
- Slice and transfer to you serving plate. Serve with soy-calamansi dipping sauce.