Bicol Express + Steamed Okra
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g pork liempo, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 pieces green finger chilli, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, I used Coco Mama
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste (bagoong)
- patis to taste
- 9 pieces steamed okra
- cauli rice or steamed rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté garlic and onion until onion becomes wilted.
- Add in pork liempo and cook until a little brown.
- Pour coconut milk. Simmer for 10-20 minutes or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add finger chillies and shrim paste. Simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Season with patis to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice or cauli rice and steamed okra on the side.